Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Finally, Juan P. has come back to...Tha Sports Corna

18 days. 18 long days without a Sports Corna post. Let me explain myself first. I was in Massachusetts for 12 of those days. Sure I had internet connection up there but I had a lot of catching up to do. As much as I wanted to blog, there was little time. Second of all, I've been putting most of my resources to www.randallallday.com. A cute little project created by Doucet, Kyle, and yours truly. Peep it. And third, I still feel like I'm catching up on all the news that has happened in these past 12 days. Right when I'm caught up, or at least feel caught up, more shit keeps happening. Most eventful June EVER.

Anyways, here's just a few thoughts on recent sporting events.

The Seattle Supersonics, The OK City Thunder, whatever you want to call yourselves, they're a dumbass team. YOU PASSED UP RICKY RUBIO!?!?!?!?! As my Sports Corna counterpart, Doucet, pointed out, Rubio is the best. Russell Westbrook, Kevin Durant, Ricky Rubio. Could you imagine that team. Well apparently neither could the Thunder.

Speaking of Rubio. The T-Wolves are also idiotic. First you don't resign McHale back as coach. Obviously the man knew what he was doing and he was beloved by the main core of the team, if you can call it a core. But then you draft another point guard in addition to Rubio. Now Rubio is gonna bitch back to Spain and you wasted/missed out on a great talent.

The Red Sox are 7-3 in their last 10 games. I like that. Despite inconsistencies from Dice-K, or more like consistently bad outtings, the Red Sox are still in first place. Once Smoltz starts to get his rust off, they're going to be that much better. Their roster is that deep that a player of Dick-K's status can be missed without major repercussions.

That's it for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment