Monday, May 4, 2009

God Hates Boston

So, there's a lot to get to, and little time. Let's get it started with the lead off topic for today.

Guest writers.

Because of Doucet, I have had countless hits on the blog. And by countless I mean somewhere between 20-30. And by Doucet I mean myself because I gave the dude a chance. Through my math, I have singlehandedly increased the traffic to the blog by 33%. Great progress, if I do say so myself.

Really. I'm glad that people are attracted to such a great gimmick as guest writers. Like I said before, we'll get some guest writers from time to time. We'll see where this takes us.

Celtics.

I'm not one to brag but I did see this coming. The Bulls are a good team, don't get me wrong. They have most of the parts of becoming a yearly playoff team. They have a talented point guard in Rose. I saw the guy in a few games last year, and he cleared showcased his talent then, and he did it now. I wouldn't say that Rose carried the Bulls throughout this series but there's no way the Bulls would have made it past 4 games without him. As far as the others on the roster go, Gordan was always underrated. By default, he's exceeding expectations. He's still a talented player. I still feel he can step up to the next level.

This one is to Joakim Noah. You are soft. Don't try and act tough by fouling Rondo. I understand you might have felt the need to retaliate and I'm cool with that. Don't try and act hard though. You are not clutch. You have been overrated since your days at Florida. You don't have the leadership intangibles to be a successful big man.

And now to Round 2. I'm holding out hope for a Round 2 upset of the Magic. Yeah, if the Celtics win, it's an upset. I'm flipping between Caps/Pens and Magic/Celtics, and the Celtics are playing surprisingly sluggish. They are wasting too much energy keeping up with the Magic's shooting game. It's just not going to happen. As paradoxical as it sounds, the Green would have a better chance of pounding the Magic in the paint; they would conserve more energy doing this. Even if they never went to a single overtime against the Bulls, playing 7 games just takes such a toil on the human body. And the Celtics just have something about them that most teams don't. They put the most effort into minute of every game.

It's nearing towards the end of the 3rd quarter. 74-55, Magic. This is what happens when you try to complete in a shoot-off against the Magic. Advantage Magic. No doubt about it. I'm actually surprised that it is this close. It doesn't help that the TNT commentators are trying to give me false hope.

Hockey.

I can never say that I am a huge hockey fanatic. I probably won't ever be one. I've always had great respect for the game, regardless. The Caps/Pens rivalry, well okay, the Ovechkin, Crosby rivalry is helping me get deeper into the game. These past two games between Washington and Pittsburgh have been excellent, a treat to watch. The play by these two teams have been out of this world. And the save by Varlamov! I have no words to describe that.

And the Celtics are still giving me false hope. 82-73 Magic, 8:25 left. Keep in mind that Stan Van Gundy is the coach for the Magic. This would explain the semi-collapse. When you put it that way...the Celtics have a slight chance to beat Van Gundy. Who am I kidding? Magic 1-0. No doubt.

Back to hockey.

This may sound blasphemous but Ovechkin/Crosby is the second coming of Bird/Magic. On a side note, I've heard people call it Bird/Magic and Magic/Bird but I've never heard anyone mention Crosby/Ovechkin, only Ovechkin/Crosby. They are both skilled players, and from an outsider's perspective, respect both of them. I give Ovechkin the edge. He's a better shooter, and more charismatic. Crosby reminds me of A-Fraud. Not the cheating, just the personality. Crosby polarizes people more than Ovechkin. Plus, I feel Alex the Great is a better nickname than Sid the Kid. I call him Ovie though. It sounds cool.

The Celtics are down 6? Why must they toy with me. Too good to be true.

Down 4 with 1:43 and counting!?!? Is there a specific reason why God likes to mess with Boston, not the Celtics, just Boston in general.

The flu.

Swine flu is a farce. People need to stop freaking out. I understand the viruses are scary. But the media just needs to chill the hell down. Not that big of a deal, but a great source of jokes. I mean, I was running out of Britney Spears material. In all honestly, calm down. Even if the Swine Flu lived up to the hype, think about it in a good way: there would be a better chance of Bin Laden dying, if he isn't already dead. The only bigger bust out there than the swine flu is Ryan Leaf. Yeah, that Ryan Leaf.

God hates Boston and I hate JJ Redick. Okay, not true, he's too bad of a basketball player for me to hate him.

Did I just hear Dwight Howard say he came up with his wrestling name: Black Magic? I'm stopping hear. No way to top that.

No comments:

Post a Comment