Wednesday, May 13, 2009

I'm Back Like Blink-182

I'm holding off the steroids post for a later time. I'm still working on it. In the mean while, let me bring up one of the better bands in the past decade: blink-182. Probably the main reason why I'm holding off on the steroids post is because blink-182 is pretty much the only thing I have going for me currently. The release of their tour dates is seriously the only think keeping me sane right now. By the way, blink-182 serves as great release therapy whenever you're feeling down, especially songs off Take Your Pants Off And Jacket. Well actually every blink-182 album offers good release therapy, but that's besides the point. This really isn't the time nor place to express bitterness. It's like I'm turning into Doucet when it comes to being bitter. I guess it's not that bad.

Back to blink-182. From a talent standpoint, the facts are the facts, they kinda suck. They're so way they will ever be on the level of Led Zeppelin, Jimi Hendrix, or any of the other greats in the rock world. But still, they're easily one of my favorite bands.

Why?

They speak the truth. Although simplistic, many of their songs hit home. When you're feeling blue and in the dumps, they have songs for that: Don't Tell Me That It's Over, Dammit, Adam's Song. Those songs speak to me whenever I feel like shit. In all honestly, it's easier to relate to this kind of stuff than a stairway to heaven. When you need a few laughs, they certainly have that covered: What's My Age Again?, Family Reunion, and the always awesome Blew Job. They have songs that will leave your sides aching from laughing so hard.

I grew up on blink-182. They're the first band I got into. They're were a mainstay in my young life. The trio of Mark, Tom, and Travis will always be a part of my life. I can see myself 80 years old in a wheelchair still rocking out to Peggie Sue and Anthem, Pt. 2.

Despite the hardships of life and the way life twists and turns around your high expectations, music will always be there. Blink-182 will always be there, even if they were to break up again. Summer 2009 is quickly approaching and you can certainly expect to see me at a few concerts during the upcoming rising temperature of the summer. Many things in life haven't shaped up in ways that I've planned or expected, but Summer 2009 with blink-182 is the exception. I plan and expect for this tour to be the best time of my life, hands down. Of all the things that I've lived and experienced so far, blink-182 reunited and going on tour tops every single one of them by far.

And for your listening pleasure, the return of blink-182. By the way, this song is really hitting home. Well, I guess this is growing up.

2 comments:

  1. Blink-182 is one of the worst bands to ever grace the planet. Have fun listening to music written for 12 year olds.

    ReplyDelete
  2. See, if I were listening to music written for 12 year olds, then this post would be about the Jonas Brothers. If I were mentioning one of the worst bands to ever grace the plantet, I would have written about the Jonas Brothers. Who cares if their subject matter isn't deep? A lot of stuff out there is simplistic yet it works.

    ReplyDelete